Re: [Xen-users] build xen4.0 fail in blktap2 module

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM, figbin <figbin@xxxxxx> wrote:
> uname -a:Linux DC26 2.6.30.10 #1 SMP Wed Jun 2 04:34:53 PDT 2010 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux
> OS:CentOS5.5
>
> build xen
> #make all

Since you use Centos5.5, I actually suggest you do not use Xen 4. Not
unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

If you do, I'd actually suggest you use several steps:
1. Install xen hypervisor and tools, either using :
- make xen, make tools, make install-xen, make install-tools, OR
- use packages from http://www.gitco.de/repo/
2. Build dom0 kernel separately.
I use kernel from
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/xen/stable-2.6.32.x,
using 2.6.32.13 pv_ops, commit 4dd582f with this config:
http://pastebin.com/5L44xXQj and it builds just fine.

There might be some recent changes in Jeremy's git tree that prevents
it from building cleany. In that case xen-devel might be a better
place to ask for help. In the mean time you can try a specific commit
and config that is known to work.

--
Fajar