Re: [Xen-users] ISCSI + DRBD + Xen

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 11:19:17 Robert Dunkley wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I was just wondering if anyone had tried this setup? What was
> performance like?
>
> I'm thinking of using Infiniband along with SDP (For DRBD) and
> ISCSI-ISER (STGT for Target) to drop latency and speed things up but I
> would be interested in any comments from users on GBE or 10GBE. Do the
> built-in Xen scripts support live migration with ISCSI?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Rob
>
> The SAQ Group
>
> Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
> SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
> Company Number: 06481952
>
> http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219
>
> SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
>  services to UK Business.
>
> Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
>  Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.
>
> ISPA Member

Robert,

just in the midst of implementing this.
I'm using IET on toop of DRBD. The DRBD sync happens on two bonded gigabit
links. I have yet to install the supervisors. Bottleneck now is the disks
system. Netperf gives me 180 MB/sec, bonnie++ 120 MB/sec. This is because I
use a RAID5 on SAS 10K drives currrently.

Performance obviously will also be related to the number of guests.

Rgds,

Bart