Re: [Xen-users] about lvm filesystem...........

On Friday 04 June 2010 04:04:02 Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Mauro wrote:
> >>
> >> assuming you're using LVs as your root and swap devices, yes
> >
> > I'm italian and my english is very bad.
> > If I've understood well xen-tools create the LV, then the filesystem
> > on it and then put the VM image.
> > So if I set, for example, 50G for my VM disk space and later I need
> > more space I simply do lvextend on the LV and then resize2fs, then
> > change the parameter on the VM config file, for example 100G, and
> > simply restart the VM.
>
> That's basically it.  I don't think you have to change anything in the
> config file if you resize the LV later, but I've never actually played
> with resizing volumes.
>
> Miles

The config-file for the Virtual Machines (Domains) only mention where to find
the
disk-images. (LVs)
When you resize these LVs, the config does not need to be changed.

I would, however, suggest you test this properly before using it in a
production environment. This way you will be certain how it all works.

--
Joost

PS. Mauro, your English doesn't look that bad, I have seen much worse :)