Re: [Xen-users] pin cpu 0 to dom0.

On Friday 04 June 2010 13:24:42 Mauro wrote:
> On 4 June 2010 13:12, Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > First try setting the option in xend-config:
> > vi /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp  -  set â(dom0-min-mem 0)â and set
> > â(dom0-cpus 1)â
> >
> > You might also need to fix the Dom0 Ram:
> > dom0_mem=2048M (Put this in the kernel boot line)
>
> Why I've to set dom0 mem?

It's generally best-practice to set the total available memory for dom0 to a
fixed value.
I have seen strange errors when i didn't set this and the dom0 is generally
only there for management purposes and isn't for heavy loads.

> I've set (dom0-cpus 1) but I've noticed a little problem: when I
> shutdown virtual machines the command xm list still says that there
> are active domains.

How many active domains?

> If I put (dom0-cpus 0) the command xm list doesn't show any active
> domain if I shutdown my virtual machines.

As I mentioned in my previous email, please do not use the setting in the
"xend-config.sxp" file.
This is ignored during boot.

--
Joost