[Xen-users] RE: GPLPV on NetBSD dom0

> As a quick kludge, in XenPci_ChangeFrontendState() before the while()
loop I
> added:
>
>   if ((backend_state_response ==
XenbusStateInitWait)&&(xppdd->backend_state
> == XenbusStateConnected))
>           backend_state_response = XenbusStateConnected;
>
> After recompiling the drivers and loading them, everything appears to
work
> fine.
>
> So my question is, is this a NetBSD bug (bringing the devices up to
the the
> wrong state too early), or it is a GPLPV bug?  I tried comparing the
NetBSD
> Xen kernel code against the code in the Linux kernel and I didn't see
anything
> that stood out.  If it's a NetBSD problem, I'll open a PR in their bug
system.

Well if a Linux frontend works with a NetBSD backend and the other way
around then I'd be confident that the bugs are in GPLPV. The state
transitions are a bit different between net and vbd but I've never quite
figured out exactly where the problem is.

James