Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 installation

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:21 PM, PeanuTech <peanutdude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My question is, is there a simple way to install Xen 4?

If by "simple" you mean "run apt-get" or similar, then no, I don't know of any.
Try http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.0, especially the part
about "Tutorials to install Xen 4.0"

Also note that, there's no "stable" pv_ops kernel for Xen dom0 yet.
And dom0 kernels built for Xen 3.x may not work with Xen 4.0 (at least
RHEL5's dom0 kernel does not work in my test environment). So I highly
suggest you spend some time first to do testing before deploying Xen 4
for production purposes.

If you just want to run basic Xen system that "just works", I highly
suggest you use RHEL/Centos 5.5. Even if it uses an old version of
Xen, it's prety stable, well-tested, and sufficient for common
virtualization uses.

--
Fajat