RE: [Xen-users] RAID10 Array

  • To: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:01:50 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:07:49 -0700

Hi Rob,

I looked into 10G Ethernet and it may well be an option, however the cost of the switch is 3x the price I had budgeted for. My current issue is how to use multiple interfaces with ATM over Ethernet. Some say just create 4 exports to the same partition/LV, some say use a bond0..

Given that these will be rented VMs, I would imagine most customers will use these for web-sites, mailservers, backup machines (rsync,ftp), game servers. I can't imagine a company doing high I/O tasks would want to place this machine "in the cloud" and run it off a VM. But then again, I could be wrong..

Thanks

Jonathan