Re: [Xen-users] Install Ubuntu Server 10 as PV Guest

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM, KC LO <kclo2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> RuntimeError: couldn't find bootloader config file in the image provided.

Quick check: did you happen to use ext4 for /boot? AFAIK pygrub (on
Xen 3.4 anyway) does not support ext4. ext3 works just fine.

> I have used kpartx -av /root/iso/ubuntu.img to mount the boot directory of

/root/iso is a strange place to put domU image :P

> It seems that it don't has the linux-xen kernel for PV client.  Is it the
> reason for it fail to boot?

It shouldn't matter. Ubuntu's has pv_ops enabled kernel. Also, if it
were a problem with kernel, you'd get a different error message.

As a temporary work around, you can try copying domU's kernel and
initrd to dom0, and load it on domU Xen config file using "kernel",
"ramdisk", and "extra" directive.

--
Fajar