Re: [Xen-users] XCP modifying cloned vms

You can create a PBD, and plug it into Dom0. Then mount the partition in Dom0. Then unmount/unplug.

On 21 June 2010 13:10, David Heidt <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

are there any best practices of how to modify cloned Linux DomUs before
starting them?

i.e. I have a cloned debian lenny and need logfiles truncated,
/etc/hosts modified and a different ip address configured.

The Main focus is to create dummy-staging-VMs for our developers by
snapshotting production-VMs.

There is one way of how to achieve this via filesystem access:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX117791
but kpartx doesn't show any mappings in my setup (XCP 0.1.1)

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

David