Re: [Xen-users] blktap2 does not work

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:48:07 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:49:25 -0700

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Åukasz OleÅ <lukaszoles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/6/22 Niccolà Belli <darkbasic4@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Distro: debian unstable
>> Xen version: 4.0.0-2
>
> blktap2 is not available in debian package. Even if it will be
> available, its xend part have bugs and won't work with pygrub.

Really? blktap2 wont work with pygrub?
You might want to try pv-grub then. That's what I'm using on my test
environment, RHEL5/xen 4.0.0 from Gitco . The hard part for me (back
then) was finding a dom0 kernel that works correctly and reliably.

Another thing that I observe from several dom0 kernels I tried (2.6.32
pv_ops and suse's -xen kernel), is that if you have the new blktap2
module loaded (blktap or blktap2, depends on the kernel) but NOT
having old blktap module loaded (blktap, xenblktap, or even not
available at all), simply using "tap:aio" would end up using blktap2
as well (check /sys/class/blktap2/devices).

--
Fajar