[Xen-users] lenny + xen reboots sometime

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Thomas von Stetten" <tvs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:39:54 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:41:21 -0700

Hello,

I have a problem with debian lenny, xen-hypervisor-3.2-1-i386, 32bit Dom0 und 32bit Domu debian lenny on a IBM BladeCenter.

All is working fine and then sometimes the Blade reboots. When I add noreboot in the menue.lst in Dom0 grub then the Server stops working and I have to reboot manually. There are no error messages in the logs. The period the server reboots is variable. Sometime it work 1-2 week and then it take only on day to reboot.

The problem is on 8 blades the same, so I think it is no a hardware problem.

What shal I do?

Is it better to run 64bit Dom0 and 32bit DomU´s. Should I change from lenny to squeeze, or sid? From debian to anything else?

Or is it possible to find out what is going wrong?

Thanks, Thomas