[Xen-users] Xen save takes a long time

Hi Everyone,

By default, when I shutdown my Xen host, the system will try and save every DomU. I currently only have one DomU in my Xen host, however this takes about 7 minutes to save. Since this system will eventually go in a colo facility, and will host tens of customer VMs, waiting that kind of time isn't an option.

Can some please:

a) Explain why the DomU takes so long to save? Is this normal? The DomU has just a small 3G LVM disk which has hardly been used

b) Is it safe, in a hosting environment, to disable guest "saving" on Dom0 shutdown, and just resort do guest "shutdown"?

Thanks