[Xen-users] Xen in Linux distributions

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jukka Kommeri <kommeri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:44:46 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 03:49:55 -0700

Hello,

I have been using Xen for many years now. I have mainly used it on Ubuntu and Debian, but I have also tried it on CentOS 5. Most of my machines have been installed a few years back. Then there seemed to be good packages for most distributions and a lot of nice examples on how to get it working.

Now that I am trying to install a new server with the latest version of my favorite distribution, I am having a lot of problems. Not just that they have started using an annoying version of grub, but also because the packaged Xen kernel does not seem to work.

So, I would like to ask what is the future of Xen in the Linux distributions and which one should I start using as my Xen dom0?

Best regards,
Jukka Kommeri