[Xen-users] Woohoo! Windows Server 2008 RC2 on Xen 4.0

Surely you hear plenty about what's not working, so I thought I'd shoot
a quick message on something that did work.  I got Windows Server 2008
RC2 installed.  I have yet to even activate it and prove all internal
features/devices work, but installation alone satisfied me!  I had to
fight a couple issues and I'll mention them here, i think they'd be
pretty generic fixes to installing any os from a standard ISO.

Config:
Xen 4.0 distro pkg from debian sid tree
Dom0: linux-image-2.6.35-xen-amd64 from sid tree
DomU config: (pasted below)
Work-arounds:
 - had to download and install xen-qemu-dm-4.0_4.0.0-1_amd64.deb from
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/x/xen-qemu-dm-4.0/
because qemu-dm is missing from current xen-hypervisor pkg in sid tree
 - had to download and install libbluetooth2 from
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/amd64/libbluetooth2/download because
the above pkg is compiled against it and sid has libbluetooth3 on dist
tree
 - had to work through this bug, i chose to manually link the missing
keypad file as described in the bug
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=562703 (according to
report patch is coming soon)
 - had to use the vfb line below to config the vnc display, was having
issues (failure-to-auth) using the other settings listed below... think
that was a idiot-minute for myself, i doubt it's a bug thinking it
PEBKAC moment.

i think that's it.  i could provide some dumps of other system config
details if requested, but i don't have much time to troubleshoot
individual issues (sorry).  just hoping this may help someone.

config:
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'

kernel      = '/usr/lib/xen-4.0/boot/hvmloader'
builder     = 'hvm'
device_model= '/usr/lib/xen-4.0/bin/qemu-dm'
memory      = '2048'

# NEW SYSTEM NAME/DRIVES/NETWORK
name        = 'sonic'
vcpus       = '1'

disk        = [
                'phy:/dev/xendisks/sonic-root,ioemu:hda,w',

'file:/matrix/data/staffdrive/TEMP/en_windows_server_2008_r2_standard_enterprise_datacenter_web_vl_build_x64_dvd_x15-59754.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r'
              ]

vif         = [
                'type=ioemu, ip=XX.XX.XX.XX, mac=00:16:3e:09:12:17,
bridge=eth0'
              ]

vfb = ['type=vnc, vncdisplay=10, vncpasswd=ok']

on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

boot        = 'd'