Re: [Xen-users] Aoe or iScsi???

On Monday 05 July 2010 15:16:38 Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
> I agree on that, start off with your local storage. If it hits the 120
>  MB/sec ceiling, start highering your network bandwidth.
> 13 is a sh*tload of Windows guests, they need to be pampered with quite
>  some I/O. Using RAID50 might make up for not having SAS if you use enough
>  drives.

> Sorry to hijack the thread, but is it only WIndows VMs that causes these
>  problems?

No, but they will cause them sooner. Well, actually, relatively. It is a known
fact that Windows in general used more resources than Linux, but if you have a
Linux do way more than a Windows, it could also lead to over-suing your
available resources. It's simple math really:

if demand > resources
then
problematic performance
fi