Re: [Xen-users] Aoe or iScsi???

Hi!

> I'm try to replace vblade to ggaoed, but I don't know how to use it...
> I'm already installed it on server side, but I don't know how use it on
> client side...
exactly like vblade -- they're both doing the same thing: provide local
storage via network using the ATA-over-Ethernet protocol.

> Perhaps I can use aoetools too???
Yes, you should install them. They contain useful tools and init scripts
like:
aoe-discover -- to start scanning for AoE targets in your network or
aoe-stat -- to get a list of all available targets.
Do not forget to have a quick look at /etc/default/aoetools!

On the client side you only need to load the "aoe" kernel module. The
version in the kernel is v47 -- upstream[1] already provides version v75.
I recommend to download and install the newer module version upstream
provides. (I already created some debian kmod packages for this but they're
not ready for prime time yet.)

-- Adi

[1] http://support.coraid.com/support/linux/