Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 4.0 - Support for Citrix WHQL-certified Windows PV drivers

On 06/15/2010 06:54 PM, Peter Braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just tried XCP 0.5 rc Win PV drivers on Xen 4.0 x64 2.6.31 PV_OPS kernel.
>
> Installation of XCP PV drivers in domU Windows 2008 x64 drivers went
> ok, no warning about driver signing.
> Unfortunately after reboot domU is stuck showing progressbar on black screen.
>
> Booting into safe mode works ok.
>
> Are new XCP drivers compatible with Xen 4.0 or do we have to move to Xen
> 4.0.1?
>
> Br
>
> Peter
>

> 2010/6/3 Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>:
>> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 12:43:11AM +0200, Peter Braun wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> little progress in XCP windows drivers.
>>>
>>> XCP Win PV drivers installed in despite of unknown driver publisher
>>> sucessfully to Windows 2008 SP1 x86 HVM domU.
>>>
>>> Disk and network i/o raised dramaticaly.
>>>
>>> Still remains 2 unrecognised PV devices:
>>> - XEN\console
>>> - XEN\vfg
>>>

>>> Does it means that XCP Win PV drivers are x86 only not usable for x64 domU?
>>>

>> Citrix Windows PV drivers included in (upcoming) XCP 0.5 will work with 2008
>> x64.
>>
>> -- Pasi
>>

>>> Peter

I see the same on Xen 4.0.0, XCP 0.1.1 PV drivers worked fine on a win2k guest,
upgrading to drivers bundled with XCP 0.5 rc1, 2 or 3 results in a guest that
loops endlessly on the first gui boot screen.

Also tested with Xen 4.0.1-rc4-pre with the same result.

Thanks.

Steve.