Re: [Xen-users] Centos 5.5 DomO and FreeBSD/Ubuntu Support?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Periko Support <pheriko.support@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:27:26 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:28:46 -0700

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/12/2010 7:57 AM, Donny Brooks wrote:
On 7/12/2010 1:28 AM, Periko Support wrote:
  Hi people.

  This is my first questions to the list, I'm running my first Xen server and 4 guest, but they are all Centos 5.5 and the host is Centos to, is very easy to create Centops Guest machines.

   Now, what I want to know is, do u have on production server with Centos 5.x as host Freebsd 7/8 or Ubuntu 9/10 as guest?

   I have been googling but the instructions are not to clear, I still reading a lot about but just would like to know this.

   Appreciated your time!!!
To be completely honest, I would look at the stacklet.com images. Yes they do cost a few dollars but IMHO it is well worth it. I personally spent over two weeks trying to get ubuntu 10.04 to run as a paravirt domu on my centos 5.5 xen 4.0 dom0 to no avail. The stacklet.com images "just plain work".

Donny B.
Oh and they have all the CentOS 5.4/5.5, ubuntu 9.04/9.10/10.04, Debian, Fedora 12/13, NetBSD, OpenSuse, and Slackware images. So they should have just about anything you need. I use the Centos images even though I can install via virt-install simply because it is instant gratification rather than a few hours to download all the packages and such.

And I am by no means saying this is the only way. Others have gotten ubuntu 10.04 to work with some tinkering as a paravirt domu. However the vast majority of what I read has had issues. So I chose the easy way out since I needed a working ubuntu 10.04 domu asap. Your mileage may vary.

Sorry to answer u late.

I got, good to know that we have some external people that already did the job for us, is a pain to do it manually, we don't have a path to follow, I will try your link, I'm interest on FreeBSD.

Thanks again!!!