Re: [Xen-users] how can I use this patch xen-patches-2.6.34-1.tar.bz2 for dom0

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM, lei yang <yanglei.fage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi experts,
>
> How can I use this patches for dom0 kernel?

It's generally assumed that you have a sufficient knowlodge to use
them. Otherwise, you'd probably best stick with vendor packaged
kernel. A short intro on kernel patches:
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/applying-patches.txt

Anyway, a short summary:
download kernel 2.6.34 from kernel.org (2.6.34.1 might or might not
work, I haven't tried)
- extract it somewhere
- download xen patches
- create a new directory (lest assume it's called xen-patches)
- extract the patches on that directory
- change to kernel's extracted directory
- run

for p in /path/to/xen-patches/*.patch*;do patch -p1 < $p;done

basically you'd need to apply all the patches one by one according to
the applying-patches documentation.

- configure the kernel like you usually do, selecting xen dom0 options.

Here's the config I use: http://pastebin.com/WrrNHbTq or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0itbbmmymmm4zz2/kernel-2.6.34-x86_64-xen.config
Here's the SRPM I use:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/moojqnt3ygw2tit/kernel-2.6.34-1.el5.fan.src.rpm
It's tested on RHEL5 x86_64 with Xen 4.0 RPM from http://www.gitco.de/repo/
Other distros might require different config (like the fact that newer
distros don't need
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y and CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y)

--
Fajar