[Xen-users] Xenbus and XenStore with mini-os

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Shalin Mehta <shalin186@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:02:29 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:04:32 -0700

Hi All,

I am trying to use Xen Bus and XenStore infrastructure to pass few small messages from one domain to another. For the simplicity I am using mini-os that comes with the Xen. But  the problem is that even the simplest functions provided by the xenbus.c are not working.

For now I am not making any changes in the original code of mini-os. This code initializes and tests xen bus by calling init_xenbus() function. But when i view the output mini-os prints on the console, there seems to be something wrong from the beginning of the xen bus initialization. I have copied the part of the output here.

Initialising xenbus
Thread "xenstore": pointer: 0xad0d0, stack: 0xc0000
Dummy main: start_info=000000000004fdc0
Thread "xenbus_tester": pointer: 0xad130, stack: 0xd0000

Xenbus tests disabled, because of a Xend bug.
Thread "xenbus_tester" exited.

I noticed this when I was trying to work on the various other functions of xenbus.c. But none of them were working. I couldn't even see the console when I try to use any other xen bus functions.

Is it a known issue? Could anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Shalin