Re: [Xen-users] Why does my DomU keep going mad?

Lyle wrote:
> Hi All,
>   I've got a DomU that sometimes goes mad. I can't ssh or usually even
> console to it. The time I did manage to console I got a load of dumps
> about being out of memory and swap, but couldn't run any commands to
> find out which process had gone mad :(
>   From Dom0 I can see the DomU at 100% CPU and can only stop it with a
> destroy. What can I do/check to find out why this happens? Sometimes
> it'll be fine for weeks on end, others it'll go wrong almost every day.
> The servers average load is very low, around 0.1. I assume there is a
> process that goes wild for whatever reason, but no idea where to start
> to track it down :(
>   I'm running the latest CentOS, any help much appreciated.
>

> Lyle

Lyle,

What services does this DomU run?  In other words is it a mail server,
web server, radius, etc?  What can you tell us about the DomU that would
be of help to us helping you?

Steven G. Spencer, Network Administrator
KSC Corporate - The Kelly Supply Family of Companies
Office 308-382-8764 Ext. 231
Mobile 308-380-7957