RE: [Xen-users] how can I use this patch xen-patches-2.6.34-1.tar.bz2 for dom0

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:47:07 +0700
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how can I use this patch xen-patches-2.6.34-1.tar.bz2 for dom0
> From: fajar@xxxxxxxxx
> To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > 1. Have backend Dom0 drivers described as modules <M> , what causes "Hotplug scripts not working" issue to raise up right away. Exactly as for pvops kernel backend Dom0 drivers should be described as hard linked <*>  to avoid issue mentioned above at least on Ubuntu 10.04 Server.
>
> correct. As I mentioned, it was tested on RHEL5. The kernel config is
> created to be as close as possible to RHEL's kernel-xen configuration
> (which loads the modules from xend service).

I noticed the following BACKEND options in the config previously mentioned.

CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI=y
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_SLOT is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_CONTROLLER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BE_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_XEN_TPMDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_SCSI_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_USB_BACKEND=m

What modules (listed above or not) are loaded by the RHEL5 xend service? What BACKEND modules should be hard linked if one's xend service does not start any modules?

Also what consideration should be taken on the *DEV options such as:

BLKDEV, NETDEV, PCIDEV, TPMDEV

Thanks.

> > 2. CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED should not be set also at least on Ubuntu 10.04 Server.
>
> correct. I did mention "newer distros don't need
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y and CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y".
>
> --
> Fajar

-M