RE: [Xen-users] how can I use this patch xen-patches-2.6.34-1.tar.bz2 for dom0

> What modules (listed above or not) are loaded by the RHEL5 xend service? What BACKEND modules should be hard linked if one's xend service does not start any modules?

On opensuse 11.3 xend starts like that :-

case "$1" in
  start)
    check $1
    echo -n "Starting xend "
    if [ ! -z "$XEND" ]; then
        echo -n "(already running pid $XEND) "
    else
        cleanup
    fi
    # Load XEN backend modules
    # Sidenote: They could be loaded later:
    # - netbk and blkbk when the dom0 hotplug events occur
    #   (in xen-network-common.sh and block-common.sh)
    # - xenblk when xend prepares for bootloader
    # but for now it's safest to have them loaded when xend starts in dom0.
    modprobe evtchn 2>/dev/null || true
    modprobe blktap 2>/dev/null || true
    modprobe blkbk 2>/dev/null || true
    modprobe xenblk 2>/dev/null || true
    modprobe netbk 2>/dev/null || true
    modprobe gntdev 2>/dev/null || true
    modprobe usbbk 2>/dev/null || true
    xend start
    await_daemons_up
    ;;

I got some warnings unrelated to the BACKEND kernel options when compiling the xenified 2.6.34 kernel sources.

I ran my make with CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y to get the trace of the warnings. See attachment vga16fb-compile.error for the output.

Any suggestions to clear up this compile issue? Does anyone else get this output when compiling with the CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y option?

Also again, what consideration should be taken on the *DEV options such as:

BLKDEV, NETDEV, PCIDEV, TPMDEV

Are these for debugging messages or are they required for production?

Thanks.