[Xen-users] Clone Xen Guest (LVM)

Hi all,
i would liáe to clone a virtual machine from a Sles 10 SP 2 server to
a Sles 11 server.
My Xen-guest runs on Sles 10 SP2 in a Logical Volume.
If i copy all files on a other lvm on the sles 11 server, it starts
only in the console.
On first tests i got some errors on boot. But after i add the old
kernel it starts normal in the console but not with kde and right
network connection.

What did i do?

I tested it also with a not running VM.

I created a snapshot from the running vm.
I mounted it read only.
I copied all files via rsync on a empty (ext3) lv on the sles 11 server.
I unmount the snapshot and the new lv.
I changed harddisk, MAC-adress, IP-adress and boot-kernel (same as the
old server) on the config and start with xm create vm.

If i start the console on virtual machine Manager it boot the system
normal. I can only log in with a non root user. Then i log in as root
from a user and everything is ok.
I can start YaST and change the network settings and can also change
the /etc/hosts manual.
On the sles 10 server i had a xenbr0 network device. On Sles 11 i have
a eth0 bridge as network device.

If i start YaST i see the old device and old ip. I don't see the new
network device.
If i change the ip-adress i see it on YaST but if i start ifconfig in
the console i only get a loop back 127.0.0.1 network device.

If i install a new Guest in a lv on SLES 11 it works perfect but i
did't find a solution to clone an existing virtual machine.

How can i clone a VM on another server where xen is installed?

Best regards

Benjamin Knoth

--
Benjamin Knoth