Re: [Xen-users] maxmem

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM, George Shuklin
<george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I found that maxmem does not work. I test this at least with four
> differnent xen/kernels (XCP 0.5, xen 3.2 xen 4 and freshest xen 4.1 from
> repo with linux-2.6.32-5 (compiled by xen makefile)).
>
> Simple vm:
> kernel="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32.17"
> ramdisk="/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32.17"
> builder='linux'
> memory = 512
> maxmem = 1024
> name = "vm1"
> vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr1' ]
> disk = [ 'phy:vm/vm1,xvda1,w' ]
> root = "/dev/xvda1 ro"
> extra = "console=hvc0"
>
> xm create vm1
>
> xm set-mem 300 - ok, work
> xm set-mem 720 - no, memory is 512 ONLY.
>
> Is this bug or my error?

You should ask on xen-devel.
Last time I tested, Ubuntu Lucid's kernel does not support it either
when running as domU. I do know that with regards to mem and maxmem:
- RHEL's kernel-xen works
- kernel 2.6.34 + patch from
http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list works

--