[Xen-users] migration, shared storage and fencing

Hello List,

how do you guys manage the following scenario:

two host Dom0s: Alice and Bob with shared SAN (fibre)
one DomU: Chalie. Charlies filesystem resides on the shared storage.

* Charlie is running per default on Alice
* Alice is shutting down for maintainance and ist automatically
(heartbeat) migrating Charlie live to Bob
* Charlie is now running on Bob
* Alice is returning
* The foolish admin types on Alice's shell: "xm crea Charlie.cfg" ->
Charlie possibly broken, at least unusable!

My idea was to write a wrapper script for xm to check first, if Charlie
is already running on the partner Node and, if so, offering live migration.
In my first try I wrote a script that checked 'xm list' on the remote
host via ssh. But I don't want to rely on ssh, nor do I want to leave
unprotected ssh-root-keys on the servers.

My idea is to ask the xend-relication-service for running DomUs. Can
this be done somehow from the shell?

Cheers,

David