Re: [Xen-users] Install PV DomainU from CD-ROM

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 17:52 +0800, bupt.cc wrote:

> Is it possible to install PV DomainU from a CD-ROM? Say Ubuntu or
> CentOS?

I have found that it depends on what OS you are installing. I am using
the stock Xen that comes with CentOS 5.5, and I have installed CentOS 5,
CentOS  4, OpenBSD, and Windows XP as DomU's (BSD and Windows were not
PV). But I have never been able to get Fedora to install, either para or
full virtualization. It always hangs during the kernel boot from the
install CD. So the answer is YMMV (it may depend on what OS your Dom0
is, what version of Xen you are running, and what OS you are trying to
install as a DomU).

--Greg