[Xen-users] domU networking problem (corrected with more data)

[oops - hit send before adding details about latest test]

Hi Folks,

I have a DomU that was working just fine, but now it seems unable to obtain a network address.

On boot, I'm getting a series of DHCPDISCOVER messages in the log, followed by "No DHCPOFFERS received."

But... the router/dhcpserver seems to be working:
- other machines on the same LAN are picking up addresses
- I released and then renewed Dom0's lease, and it worked just fine

But now, after a reboot, the DomU no longer seems to be able to reach the DHCP server.

Just to make things even weirder, I just created a clean DomU, and IT can't pick up an IP address either.

I'm guessing that something I installed in Dom0 (xnest possibly) messed up something about my virtual networking configuration - but I can't figure out what.

Any suggestions on what might be going on, or how to diagnose things? I'm not completely clear on all the various steps a DHCPDISCOVER message goes through - as it flows through all the virtual networking "stuff" - particularly before an IP address is assigned and everything is at the virtual ethernet level.

Thanks Very Much,

Miles Fidelman