Re: [Xen-users] Error: Bootloader isn't executable when installing Ubuntu 10.04 on CentOS 5.3/Xen 3.0

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Ryan Chan <ryanchan404@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 5. The installer show some warnings (randomly, since they are not repeatable)
>
> Deboostrap warning
> Warnings: Couldn't download package libnewt0.52

I'd guess something is wrong with either your connection or the mirror you use

> 7. When prompted to choose the kernel, I cannot find xen related, so I
> choose linux-generic

Last time I check you'd need -server, or (better yet) -virtual.

> 9. I launch the VM using  /usr/sbin/xm create -c /etc/xen/ubuntu.cfg, it show
> Error: Bootloader isn't executable
>
> p.s. ubuntu.cfg
> ==============
> name = "Ubuntu"
> kernel = "/root/ubuntu/vmlinuz"
> ramdisk = "/root/ubuntu/initrd.gz"
> vif = [ "mac=00:13:1e:6e:23:e2,bridge=xenbr0" ]
> disk = [ "phy:/dev/vg0/ubuntu,xvda,w" ]

That doesn't look right. It shouldn't show errors about bootloader
when you don't have a bootloader line (or do you?)

Anyway, I'd suggest you start using linux-image-virtual first.

--
Fajar