[Xen-users] Some question on vhd disk

I did some p2v of windows xp with xenconvert to vhd files (growable). I have
noticed minor performance using the vhd rather then using raw disk images.
Any suggestion about? Have higher performance vhd growable disk or vhd
preallocated disk? Is possible convert directly from dom0 the vhd disk?
Thank for any reply