[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Idea for future xen development: PV file system

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:35 AM, George Shuklin
<george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All we need is create a daemon for dom0 to export directories from 'own'
> local filesystem (it can resides on local disk, iscsi or be gfs, any
> kind of hyper-mega-cluster-fs) and simple PV driver for domU translating
> requests from domU to daemon in dom0

in KVM there are periodic mentions of 9p/virtio

http://www.slideshare.net/ericvh/9p-on-kvm

the code has evolved a little since then, and i think it's a fairly
common addition to qemu.  i'm sure it would be easier to port to Xen
than to develop a new protocol from scratch.

--
Javier