[Xen-users] BIOS serial console redirection for HVM domains (Qemu)

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Frédéric VANNIÈRE <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:16:32 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:18:09 -0700

Hello,

HVM is now a viable alternative to PV in term of performances and low overhead
but some functionalities very useful for linux servers are still missing.

I've configured the domU and guest operating system to use ttyS0 as a console
so I can see pxelinux, grub2 and then the operating system.
Decent physical servers provide a way to redirect the BIOS and gPXE output to a
serial port, I'm looking for the same feature with QEMU, is there any solution
?

Frederic.