Re: [Xen-users] Re: Is there a motherboard with paralell port and VT-d virtualization?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 05:02:49PM -0400, Michael Lueck wrote:
> Juan Pablo Lopez Bergero wrote:
>> I need a paralell port and rs232 also.
>
> I use a system with this Intel board in it:
>
> "Intel Desktop Board DG33BU"
> http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/dg33bu/dg33bu-overview.htm
>
> The latest flash BIOS update adds VT-d support, has a parallel, serial, and
> even floppy connector.
>
> I have an Intel Core2 Duo Processor E8500 (6M Cache, 3.16 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
> chip in it. Works quite nicely.

Note that parallel port is NOT a PCI device, so you cannot use Xen PCI passthru
(IOMMU/VT-d or not) to passthru it to a guest VM.

You need some other form of "parallel port passthru" if you need to use it in
the VM.

-- Pasi