Re: [Xen-users] Did anyone succeeded in installing xen 4.0.0 on Debian Lenny?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 12:22:24PM +0000, Meister Schieber wrote:
>    From: Mark Adams <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    >You should just use Squeeze (which is frozen now so on it's way to
>    >being the new stable). It works well simply by installing the
>    >xen-linux-system and xen-qemu-dm packages. It includes pciback.
>
>    Tried that for the last days, did not work either. The installation of
>    squeeze and xen 4.0 was very easy indeed, only the pci-passthru does not
>    work (tried 3 different computers with different hardware).
>
>    Regarding to [1]http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough I used
>    the options:
>    xen-pciback.hide=(09:00.0)
>    and
>    pciback.permissive pciback.hide=(09:00.0) pci=resource_alignment=09:00.0
>    and
>    xen-pciback.permissive xen-pciback.hide=(09:00.0)
>    pci=resource_alignment=(09:00.0)
>
>    combined with "swiotlb=force" and "iommu=soft swiotlb=force" in the DomU
>    (the "official" wiki has no special entries for the current release 4.0,
>    so I tried every combination...)
>
>    It just does not work, either the domU does not even start with some of
>    the options, or the domU starts but the nic does not come up.
>
>    >If you are so far into setup now that you want to stick with it, you
>    >could try the linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 kernel from the debian
>    >repos.
>
>    I am so far into several setups (plural) that I just does not want to give
>    up and switch to vmware, so I desperately ask again: Did anyone succeeded
>    in installing xen 4 on _any_ Debian version _and_ got a passed through NIC
>    working in the DomU?

Yeah just yesterday someone was doing it.. and writing to ##xen on irc.

What domU kernel are you using? Does it have xen-pcifront?
What does "lspci" show in the domU?

What pci related do you have in the domU dmesg?

-- Pasi