Re: [Xen-users] Setting up virtual 'ethX' devices in Xen 3.4

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The logic was to keep traffic from the
> domU's, through the bridge and out 'pethX' without dom0 seeing anything.

That's not entirely true.
dom0 still see all the traffic, and (on default Centos setup) applies
iptables rules to them.

>  I'd like to keep this setup, but it seems under Xen 3.4 this is no
> longer the default configuration. I created a simple 'network-script' with:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> dir=$(dirname "$0")
> "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
> "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=N netdev=ethN bridge=xenbrN
>
>  What else do I need to do to get the virtual copies of 'ethX' back on
> my dom0?

It should not really matter. The default setup now uses eth0 as the
name of the bridge (instead of xenbr0). Dom0 still see all domU
traffic, so function-wise nothing changed much.

If you still want old-style bridge setup anyway, you might be able to
copy /etc/xen/scripts/network-brige (and possibly some other files it
depends on) from the default Centos installation.

--
Fajar