Re: [Xen-users] XCP - adding memory to the control domain.

> Hi,
>
> just a quick question - is it possible to add/edit physical memory on
> host control domain? (Preferably on the fly.)
> I have a server with 12GB RAM, but XCP only shows 500MB. I tried to
> add more memory with
>
> xe vm-param-set memory-static-min=<value> memory-dynamic-min=<value>
> uuid=<uid>
>
> but I get only error message stating that it expects a halted, not
> running machine.
>
> There wouldn't be problem to potentialy halt a client VM, but this is
> a control host domain, so I don't see a way how to perform commands on
> halted machine.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards
If you would edit /boot/extlinux.conf on the control domain you would
see, that the second menu entry (xe-serial) has a dom0_mem option. If
you use the standard (graphical) xe menu entry then you would need to
put a similar dom0_mem option in it. However you will need to reboot the
whole control domain for your changes to take effect.

Good Luck

Geza