[Xen-users] XCP, weird networking problem

Ok, here's a head scratcher. I just added host #5 to the running XCP pool tonight. All hosts are 2x AMD Opteron, 2x Broadcom 5704 (tigon3) 1G Ethernet ports, 2x Intel 100M Ethernet ports. 1st Broadcom port is the XCP network management port and the eth0 connection to the VMs, 2nd Broadcom is dedicated to dom 0 Linux only via pif forget to connect to the SAN for NFS storage.

This 5th machine, I can access the management via the 1st Broadcom, it will join the pool fine, I can migrate VMs to it, the VM's eth0 shows connected to the xenbr0 virtual switch via brctl show, the problem is, the VM's eth0 simply doesn't work. If you start the VM on that 5th machine, the VM's eth0 doesn't even show at all via ifconfig.

What's weird here is, the VM's eth1 connection to xenbr3 (one of the Intel ports) works fine when the VM is migrated to the 5th machine.

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Vern

--
Vern Burke