Re: [Xen-users] How to use PV on HVM

Hi,

The crash which I reported is a warning on slow path. I recompiled it again and I was able to boot into the linux-pvhvm kernel. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagadish

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:37:38AM +0530, Jagadish Nadimpalli wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I am trying to setup Xen to use "PV on HVM". For this, I did the
>    following.
>
>    (1) I followed the tutorial at
>    [1]http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Fedora13Xen4Tutorial to setup
>    Xen4.0.1 on Fedora13. I am able to run virt-manager and create a Fedora 13
>    guest.
>    (2) I followed the tutorial at
>    [2]http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/pv-on-hvm-at-xen-4-0-on-top-of-fedora-13/
>    to use PV on HVM on Xen-4.0.1. I also verified that the Xen-4.0.1 I have
>    is patched as per this tutorial.

That tutorial is old, and the patch referenced there might not be current anymore..
Please see lkml and xen-devel archives for more information about the new
Xen pv-on-hvm drivers that were merged to upstream Linux 2.6.36.

The patch to Xen was submitted together with the drivers, in August 2010 I think..
that blog post is from May.

-- Pasi