[Xen-users] Re: netbsd/amd64 5.1rc4 domU network

On 23.09.2010 21:29, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:29:11 +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon
> <jeanyves.migeon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Oopsie, sorry; should have read your mail slower
>
> Thanks for your inputs to you all.  Is that the issue (copy support
> missing in the frontend) ?

Yes, Stephen is correct

> Besides, since which versions of XEN and/or linux dom0 is flip deprecated
> ?  (I tryed netbsd domU on RHEL5 some day but I don't remember the result)

Well, it is hard to follow -- especially when you consider the different
Linux versions that exist/ed for Xen.

IIRC, copy was introduced with Xen 3.0, and became the default option
for 3.1 with the Linux of XenSource (2.6.18).

For the pv_ops Linux (default dom0 with Xen 4 and up), I guess that
flipping was never supported, hence copy is the only possibility with
the pv_ops kernel.

This requires confirmation by someone that follows the Linux pv_ops
kernel closer. A quick look at the git branch (jeremy's) seems to
confirm this.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon@xxxxxxx