Re: [Xen-users] VNC and paravirt

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Nicolas Vilz 'niv' <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:31:46 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:33:16 -0700

On 09/27/10 18:38, alex wrote:
> Can I use vnc for domains in paravirtual mode?
> I have some domains in HVM and I can connect by vnc, but with config:
> vnclisten = '0.0.0.0'
> vncdisplay = 7
> vncpasswd = 'zxgd8w4zex'
> connect to domains in paravirtual mode are failed.

You will need XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND in kernel for that and a running getty on tty1 to see anything and get a login prompt.

the pvinstaller xcp triggers on vm installation run with vnc enabled, so it is possible.

i have just tested it myself right now, it works.. you will probably see not much on hvc0 console then.

i used

vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vnclisten=ip,vncunused=1' ]
vnc=1
sdl=0

in my xmdomainconfig.cfg

Sincerly