[Xen-users] Re: Linux domU migration from Opteron to Xeon

I haven't tried to migrate from  amd to intel system, when I bought my dell
R710 I made the decision to get identical systems so i don't have to worry
about things like this. Give it a try if you run into problem then you can
tell xen to disable cpu feature that are not available between the two
system that you have. So by  disabling some of the features of the cpu
you're making the system equal meaning both system will have the same cpu
instruction. So you don't have any problems migrating vm's from one system
to another. Xen develope put this option in for people who have two system
but maybe different brand cpu or two different generations of cpu. The only
downside is you might not be able to use some new features of which ever
system has the latest cpu technology. In most case's this isn't a main
concern unless you're trying to try to doing something different.