Re: [Xen-users] xen 4 and grub2 on debian squeeze

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 05:08:13PM -0500, Andy Howell wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 04:03 PM, Igor Serebryany wrote:
> >     Is there a config file I'm overlooking?

I guess the config I was overlooking is /etc/default/grub -- settings
set in there get imported into the scripts that generate the grub.cfg
entries. Parsing the code, it looks like the 20_linux_xen script uses
the following arguments:

for the hypervisor options, use GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN and
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT. for instance:

GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT="dom0_mem=256M"

the dom0 kernel options come from the usual GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX and
LINUX_DEFAULT options. in both cases, the non-DEFAULT options come
first, and the DEFAULT options are omitted in the rescue entries.

I wish there was a way to pass arguments only to kernels being started
as part of Dom0. I should submit this as an easy patch to debian...

I also wasn't sure what the conventional way to make Xen be the first
thing that boots is, so I just changed the order in which the entries
are generated:

testbox1:/etc/grub.d# mv 20_linux_xen 09_linux_xen

--Igor