[Xen-users] DomU shutdown Crashes Dom0 Networking

Hi all I have a problem with one of my Centos5.5 servers.

Today I updated the kernel on my server from 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5xen to 2.6.18-194.17.1.el5xen

Since I did that every time I stop a DomU it crashes the network interfaces on Dom0. I am unclear how this is happening or what I can do to prevent it.

I went to the DC and observed that when you stop a DomU the Dom0 networking stops. The machine does not stop itself. On the console I was able to stop start and restart DomUs but the network interfaces do not come back up.

I checked the interfaces and all network related scripts and did not notice any changes. I also tried up downing the interfaces and assigning new addresses in every case the I can ping the interface but not the gateway or any of the other machines on the same subnet. I am really scratching my head over this if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Erin