Re: [Xen-users] XCP: buitin templates (how they works?)

Take a look at 'eliloader' (/usr/bin/eliloader) - if you look at the PV-bootloader on the templates, you'll see it's set to that.

Jon

George Shuklin wrote:
Good day.

I'm pretty curious, how they work with netinst (debian, suse, ubuntu,
centos)...

As I understand, at first start they downloads xen-aware kernel and
netinst initrd from repository (with one user must point with
other-config:install-repository)...

But how they do it? I means, this some kind of script, some kind of
variables...

Really, I'd like to do few more templates (f.e. new ubuntu 10.10), but I
don't know where to start.

Let's starts from beginning...

Where those templates resides? Especially they exists even no any SR are
created..

They contains following in other-config:

default_template: true; linux_template: true; install-methods:
cdrom,http,ftp; install-arch: i386; debian-release: lenny; disks:
<provision><disk device="0" size="8589934592" sr="" bootable="true"
type="system"/></provision>; install-distro: debianlike

But this is definitive not enough for pinpoint name of kernel/initrd to
download...

I tried to export template, unpack it (ova.xml), look inside and yet
found no lines like
dists/stable/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/xen/...

So: where I shall start to dig in? Thanks.

---
wBR, George.