RE: [Xen-users] xen4 on debian squeeze, slow mysql in domU

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:47:42 -0400 <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > vcpus       = '8'
>
> How many physical cores do you have? Don't set vcpus larger than the number of cores available in your dom0.
>
> -Jeff

Indeed you are right Jeff, the OP mentioned he was using an Intel Xeon E5520 [1] CPU.

# of Cores4
# of Threads8

Which leads me to believe the system is using hyperthreading on each of the 4 cores.

Unfortunatley I do not have hardware (Xeon CPU) to test for similar results.

[1] - http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=40200

-M