Re: [Xen-users] RE: Build linux-image.deb via make-kpkg for 2.6.34.7 xenified aka Suse

On 10/20/2010 10:35 PM, Mike Viau wrote:

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:04:11 -0700  wrote:

Follow up the thread "make-kpkg (Debian based tool) does not build xen
patched".
Not sure it's still important, however "kernel.hack" suggested at
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-09/msg00394.html
by 'listmail'
worked for me after patching vanilla kernel 2.6.34.7 via
xen-patches-2.6.34-5.tar.bz2.

Boris.

Thanks Boris for the testing the patch with the latest version of the patches :)

I see that the patch can be downloaded still from the mail-list archive.

Should the patch also be uploaded with instructions to the
http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/issues/list  (source of the patches)
as well for others?

There are 36 issues so far on the google code site already. I realize this
issue does not affect all users, but it does affect the user that compile these
xenified kernels with the make-kpkg command.

Maybe this is something listmail and Andrew Lyon[1] could setup as a possible
fix to the make-kpkg problem if possible...

Thanks.

[1] - http://code.google.com/u/andrew.lyon/

-M

I could be wrong here but I think this is a matter of xen itself did not always support bzImage kernel boot until sometime later in version 3.X and make-kpkg hasn't been updated to allow for it. Something along those lines I believe. I think the patch is better described as a hack though and its ok to upload where you want so as it is described as such. If anything an alternative method or actual fix may come of it.