Re: [Xen-users] Windows 2008 SBS suddenly disappearing on Xen 4.0.0

On Tuesday 02 November 2010 22:06:26 Peter Braun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i was using 2008 SBS without problem on Xen 4.0.1 before migrating to
> Xenserver 5.6.
>
> I agree with James - try to upgrade to 4.0.1 - a lot of hotfixes has
> been included in that release.
>

> Peter
>
> 2010/11/2 James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> when running Windows 2008 SBS on Xen 4.0.0, it disappears after some
> >> time (longest time I had it running was 20 minutes). In
> >> /var/log/xen/qemu-dm- win1.log I find:
> >>
> >> xc_map_foreign_batch: mmap failed: Cannot allocate memory
> >> xc_map_foreign_bulk error 12
> >>

> >> Anyone any idea how to troubleshoot this? The Hypervisor has 16 GB of
> >> RAM, currently 2 GB are allocated to Dom0. This specific DomU has 8 GB.
> >
> > Is upgrading to 4.0.1 a possibility?
> >
> > James

Hi all,

I just disabled ballooning (Google results suggested this) and this still
occurs. I'm on Opensuse 11.3, upgrading will need to happen outside of the
distro packages since 4.0.0 is the highest available. I consider switching
back to Opensuse 11.2 which carries 3.4. I had problems installing Windows SBS
2008 on that before though, but since someone confirmed having done that,
maybe I should look into troubleshooting that first.

thx,

B.