[Xen-users] XEN large scale cluster

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dika Ye" <dika.ye@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:55:56 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 01:57:09 -0800

Dear All,

We are preparing amount 400 servers to deploy a large scale XEN cluster; I am looking for the best solution for that, these are some things I need to resolve:

1)       400 servers use raid-1, each server will have more than 100GB free disk space, I want to combine all of these for the cluster’s storage, so, it need to install the distribute file system;

2)       How to deploy the high availability of XEN server?

3)       How to assign the resources pool for each customer?

4)       We provide virtualization service for our customers, the customers would use a GUI tool to connect for managing the virtual server, they can install they own VM, adjust the VM’s memory, CPU or hard ware resource, what tool can support these features?

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions on this.

Best wishes,

Dika.Ye