Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] pci-passthrough in pvops causing offline raid

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 05:15:02PM +0000, Mark Adams wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2010, at 22:22, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

Looking briefly at the code it means that somebody enabled the MSI
already on the device and did not disable them. But I wonder how
you got those in the first place. Did you use xen-pciback.hide (for PVOPS
kernels)
or pciback.hide (for older kernels) to "hide" the devices away from the
Linux Dom0 kernel?

> > I was going to look in the source today to get an idea but never got to
> > it...
> >
> > You might, as I mentioned in earlier emails, try to setup a serial console
> > or netconsole and log the Linux kernel output when it hangs/fails.
> >

> can't do this unfortunately, the server
> Is in use so not able to just let it hang again... The passthrough is not in
> use now until I think there is some possible solution to get rid of the MSI
> conflict (when it won't hang anymore!)

Didn't you say that you had two servers and saw this problem on another
box too?

Without more details on the Xen hypervisor line or the kernel line when
the failure occurs I sadly can't help you.