[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] [HOWTO] Running Xen 4.0 host (dom0) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6)

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 02:07:54PM -0500, Digimer wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 01:28 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> Yep.
>>
>> How/what are you thinking of benchmarking?
>>
>> -- Pasi
>
> My current plan is;
> - Repeat all tests 3 times and average the results.
> - All tests run inside of a VM, one set with only one VM, again
> simultaneously on two VMs and then a final set with three VMs
> simultaneously.

It would be nice if you benchmarked both Xen PV and HVM VMs:

- Xen PV 32bit VM
- Xen PV 64bit VM

- Xen HVM 32bit VM
- Xen HVM 64bit VM

- Xen HVM 32bit VM (with PV-on-HVM drivers)
- Xen HVM 64bit VM (with PV-on-HVM drivers)

-- Pasi